Frequently Asked Questions
- Q What are the primary advantages of The Bahamas as the international financial services "jurisdiction of choice"?
- Q What is the difference between a restricted vs non-restricted Banking Licence?
- Q What are "Managed Banks"?
- Q How did the Central Bank of The Bahamas Act 2000 and the Banks and Trust Companies Regulation Act 2000 impact banking operations?
- Q What is private banking?
- Q What is a global offshore bank?
- Q How do I go about incorporating a company?
- Q What are the principal changes in the International Business Company coming about as a result of new legislation?
- Q What is the general state of the economy?
- Q What is the general state of the Financial services Industry
- Q What percentage of The Bahamas' GDP is represented by the industry?
- Q What are the key pieces of legislation considered instrumental in enhancing the competitiveness of the financial services industry?
- Q What types of insurance products are offered in The Bahamas?
- Q Is The Bahamas an international insurance center?
- Q Why are international insurance products proving so popular?
- Q Are mechanisms in place allowing The Bahamas to cooperate with foreign jurisdictions in legal proceedings?
- Q What steps have been taken by The Bahamas to meet international standards for transparency and tax cooperation?
- Q How concerned is the industry about increased scrutiny?
- Q Does the Government have an Investment Policy?
- Q Are certain areas of business activity restricted to Bahamian nationals?
- Q What is BISX?
- Q What is the currency of The Bahamas?
- Q Is gambling legal in The Bahamas?
- Q How would you describe telecommunications services in The Bahamas?
- Q In which time zone is The Bahamas located?
- Q Can non Bahamians sell real estate in The Bahamas?
- Q Do non Bahamians need permission to purchase real estate in The Bahamas?
- Q Is there a time share industry in The Bahamas?
- Q How difficult is it to find reasonably priced rental accommodations? Are homes expensive to purchase, or build?
Services & Products
- Q What are the principal services and products offered by The Bahamas as
- Q What are some of the primary wealth planning/management structures provided by The Bahamas' financi
- Q Where would I find information about the tourism industry in The Bahamas, specifically visitor info
- Q Is tourism the number one industry in The Bahamas?